Sunday 5 August 2012

Day 47 : Tumblin' Tumbleweed

Again with the aimlessness! What the hell am I doing drifting through space doing not much. I’m beginning to think that mining has poisoned my mind. The whole dedication to perfecting Refining returns as much as I could was very unlike me.

I look into Research but I don’t have the skills and there are a lot more higher priority skills I need. I’m developing a skill plan based on a happy medium of fun vs cash. At some point I want to be able to fight back properly for a start.

Abandoning research, I look at my Standings with people and think I could usefully raise them to the point where they match the skill queue abilities. I head to Algogille and finish face rolling the level 1 security missions I was doing yesterday. They don’t give much cash or Loyalty Points, the latter is stuff I haven’t really investigated yet. It can stand in line with the rest of the stuff I have to learn.

Missions are way slower than mining for cash generation but might pay off later. In fact one of the level one missions ends up giving me 2 million in salvage which is good, but still slower than mining. I need to try some more level 2 missions, and get to level 3 missions as fast as I can. I think I’ll need a cruiser for the level 3 stuff and I am unconvinced that I have the skills to fly one properly. We might see the Vexor again soon, refitted out of mining duties, since I have a lot of drone skills and it is a good drone boat.

I must stop drifting. Is there a recognised point in EVE where nothing you can learn brings benefits the same day? I’m out tomorrow so maybe a day off will do me some good. Actually I haven’t been drinking much lately so after about 2 drinks I’ll probably fall over. So it will do EVE some good, but not much else.

1 comment:

  1. At two years and 40 mil skill points on my combat duder most of the shit I am training these days Is like 14-30 days. But as this point I can fly all races ships use 2 races of t2 weapons and rock out in capital ships.
    But that's 2 years...it's nice to finally reach this point. Also consider making another account. One combat one Indy. But beware suddenly the combat too. Needs cyno support, the. U own a rorqual and can't use ur Indy account to cyno ur other one and gotta have 3 accounts. If u stay in eve for long u will prolly end up with several accounts. Sorry for the rant. Loving the blog

    ReplyDelete